Sunday, August 5, 2012

One Year, Thank You

It occurs to me that it's been almost exactly a year since I started working on furniture in earnest. It's been a crazy year. Lots of hard work, lots of rewards, and many many too many bumps and bruises and one arm vs. sandpaper incident (ow). But well worth it.
I want to say thank you to all of you who've visited my blog regularly, and to all of you who now have pieces of my furniture in your own homes! Hopefully by this time next year I'll have a brilliant workshop space, and no longer be working out of the basement.
 I'd also like to give a HUGE shout out to my husband Brian. None of this would be possible without him. Every single piece of furniture that I find he helps me to unload from the truck, bring down into the studio, and then bring back out when it's ready to be photographed, and then back down, and then back out again when it's ready to go to a new home. He helps sand and paint, and on several occasions has scored great pieces of furniture for me to work on. He's truly the most patient person I've ever known, and very very strong :) *Thank You Brian!!*

In the past year I've refinished: 16 side tables, 5 kitchen islands, 3 coffee tables, 4 coffee table sets, 7 dining tables, 14 dining sets, 9 sideboards, 10 dressers, 5 single chairs, 3 chair sets, 1 cupboard, 1 armoire, 3 tv consoles, 4 bookshelves, 5 desks, 1 hutch, 2 sets of barstools, and an entire kitchen
Here are pictures of some of my favorite projects:

















1 comment:

  1. Hey, my blue chair!!! :) Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad I found your blog. I love what you do with all these found treasures. Am drooling over the dining set with the stained top and black legs/chairs. DROOLING.

    ReplyDelete