Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Kitchen Re-Design

At the end of May I was approached to do a kitchen renovation inspired by a hutch I had recently refinished. The homeowners were making some large changes to their kitchen, and wanted to update their walls, cabinetry, and countertops as well. I figured, "Hey why not?" and took on the project. We replaced the kitchen countertops with maple butcher block from lumber liquidators. I stained and sealed them. I took down the old blue wall paper (easily the hardest part of the entire project), and then painted the walls Benjamin Moore's Decorator White. The cabinets are decorator white on the inside, Benjamin Moore's Misty Air on the outside. I swapped out the old cabinet hardware for brushed copper handles, pulls, and self closing hinges. The home owners replaced the floor. It was a lot of work, but very satisfying at the end to see such a drastic change. I don't think I would take on another kitchen project in the near future, just because I so enjoy working on furniture, but I was happy to do this one. 
Thank You to the clients, who I know are blog readers, it was a pleasure working with you :)!
Before and afters below ~
This is the hutch we used as an inspirational starting point



Kitchen before, and I'm so glad the homeowners decided to keep the pine cabinets, rather than rip them out and put in all new ones. New cabinets just look so harsh and soul-less.





After!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment