Monday, August 20, 2012

Farm table before and after

I have soooo many new pictures to show you in the next couple days. I've snagged some truly spectacular pieces at the flea market and tagsales, and I've finished some projects so we can finally have some before and after shots.
Plus- can we talk about the weather? It is SO beautiful and crisp and cool outside. Fall is in the air!
This is a farm table that I picked up off craigslist. It's gone to dear friends of mine who are restyling there house in a farmhouse modern theme. You can't do farmhouse modern without a farm table!
If you remember my previous post on this table, I loved it the moment I saw it. Real deal old pine boards, that table is about 100 years old. It needed work, but all the components were there.
I swapped out the legs with turned ones I had on hand. This raised the table up almost two inches, making it a more comfortable dining height. My husband and I both took turns sanding the top until it was silky smooth. I filled all the deep gouges and grooves with stainable wood putty and then stained the table first with red chestnut, and then with dark walnut, to give it depth and really bring out the beauty that old boards have. I painted the base and legs of the table a warm mocha. I also found two pine chairs (not pictured sorry!) that I painted to match the table. We're on the hunt now for two matching pine benches to put at either side and we'll have a complete dining set.
Before and after pics below. I hope you've had a great weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment