Monday, October 6, 2014

Antique Pine Robin's Egg Blue Chest

Two weeks ago one of my favorite vendors at the flea market called me over to her booth as I was nearly on my way out. She hesitantly asked if I ever refinish dressers, or if it's just dining room furniture. Of course I do! and look at what she had to show me- this antique cottage pine chest is seriously swoon-worthy. Those incredible glass knobs came with it! They have the slightest tint of green, which is spectacular. I painted the chest a custom mixed shade of robin's egg blue, then distressed and dark waxed it. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top. I love the shaped crest across the back too! I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take a 'before' picture, but here's lots and lots of afters!











No comments:

Post a Comment