Monday, October 27, 2014

A Mid Century Modern Credenza

Believe it or not, I found this piece on the side of the road. What's fun about it is that I found it's twin on the side of the road back in the winter and refinished it for our guest house. Clearly the folks had a matched set, and I was just lucky enough to drive by their driveway both times at the right moment. I'm kicking myself because I somehow didn't manage to snap a before shot of the piece. What I do have is a 'before' of the one I did half a year ago, and they were very similar, so just use your imagination!

               I added a new pine top. I really wanted to salvage the original teak top but it was too gouged to sand. I painted the case in a light gray, with the interior in a warm cream. I kept the original drawer pulls because they're so cool and minimalist.  There's lots and lots of storage in this piece; it would be perfect in a living room with a nice flat screen.












No comments:

Post a Comment