Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Classic Farmhouse Dining Set- With a Bench!!

I know you all love a bench with a dining set. And I do try to indulge, though they're not that easy to come by. I sanded, stained, and sealed the bench and table top in a rich English Chestnut, with a nice sleek glossy finish.
       I was asked a few days ago where I get the inspiration for my custom mixed paint colors. The answer is everywhere. I buy saturated hues and base colors from Benjamin Moore and then mix up my own chalk paint for each piece. I like the idea that most of these pieces are fully one of a kind, each with their own individual and unique color. The gray for this dining set was inspired by the Dusty Miller that grows like gangbusters along the path to our guest house. I want to rip out everything else in my garden and just grow it, boxwood, rosemary, lavender, and hosta next year. I picked a "bouquet" of it to stage the table, just so you could see the color match.










1 comment:

  1. This came out beautifully. I have an all white kitchen table and chairs that are in dire need of a redo. I wonder if I could sand off the white and stain the top dark? I'd love to totally copy your look.

    ReplyDelete