Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Handsome Antique Mahogany Desk

So I have a guy who's brilliant at finding furniture for me. Hi Carl!! He deserves a shout out because he's the man. A lot of my pieces you've seen lately have come from him, and I've got another batch to photograph tomorrow. So I bought this desk from Carl on Sunday at the flea market. It literally made my knees weak when I saw it. Antique, mahogany and mahogany veneer, original stamped brass hardware, serpentine front, in fabulous condition with all the drawers working! Um yes.
       This green is not custom mixed, aside from being turned into a chalk paint. It's Benjamin Moore's Chrome Green. It was selected by two brilliant clients for another project, and I'm obsessed with it. I sanded the entire desk, applied the green paint in three coats, then lightly sanded it, a very very subtle bit of distressing, and finished it with a dark wax. I sanded, stained, and sealed the mahogany top, and finally polished up those beautiful antique brasses. And look at those original antique brass casters- this desk is the bee's knees for sure.

*Before*

*After!*









5 comments:

  1. I love this desk. How much are you selling it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, it's $335. Here's a link for the craigslist listing with measurements and more info http://hartford.craigslist.org/fuo/4717112782.html

      Delete
  2. Beautiful transformation! Love the green color you chose.

    Kelsey @ the Vintage Storehouse & Co.

    PS- Would love to have you share & link up at ReLoved Fridays! The link party is open until Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge green fan but that color is pretty! the pretty orange pumpkins on top go so well with it! But I've never met a pumpkin I didn't like either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous green~ love it!

    ReplyDelete