Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A High Style China Cabinet

This was a custom project I did for a pair of lovely clients. They had a pretty good sense of what they were looking for, and we were able to find the perfect hutch to meet their needs. This was an exceptionally fine piece of furniture, made by Huntley, and was a real treat to work on. I removed the glass and hardware, taped the hinges, and sanded and de-glossed the whole thing. They opted to do the piece in handsome saturated tones of red and green, with a slight dark wax to add a little depth. I polished the brasses up to add even more flash.
       The piece reminded me of something you'd see in an English hunting lodge, so to play off that theme, I staged it with many of my animal sculptures, trophies as it were. Also, I wore a smoking jacket and puffed at a pipe whilst taking the pictures...Only parts of that are true.
Before and afters below!














1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at The Round-Up from the Before & After Wednesday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/10/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday_21.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete