Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Vintage Maple Corner Cupboard

I've always wanted to refinish a corner cupboard, but you don't see a lot of them available in my usual hunting grounds. When I snagged this one at the flea market, I knew instantly that I wanted to paint it red. I decided to go with a pale green on the inside, as I'd used the same color combination on a sideboard a while back and really liked the unexpected pairing. This adorable vintage cupboard is solid rock maple, really nicely built. I sanded it down, painted, and then finished the exterior with a dark wax, and the interior with a clear wax.










3 comments:

  1. Jacqueline10/23/2014

    Amazing, amazing! I adore this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of paint did you use and what color? It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I make my own chalk paint. Here I used Benjamin Moore's Cochineal Red as the base.

      Delete