Monday, April 1, 2013

A Farmhouse Style Coffee Table Set

This fun coffee table set was a custom job that I just completed for a client. I picked up the set in December along with a matching dining table and a sideboard, both of which have already found new homes. They originally had set in glass tops in a dated, smoky shade (yucky). When I purchased them, I didn't even take the glass with me because I knew they'd be getting new tops. I added chunky pine barn boards to the top and stained them a rich deep brown. The client wanted to give the pieces a rustic feel so we opted to use a satin poly, which has a very low sheen but still protects the wood, then a hand rubbed wax finish on top of that. I painted the bottoms in Benjamin Moore's creamy white in an eggshell and then liberally distressed them. Finally, I waxed and buffed the painted surfaces. This set is firmly in my top three favorite projects of all time. When I finished it, I had some serious coffee table envy.
Befores, afters, and a picture of the set in their new home below.
Happy Monday!




















1 comment: