Saturday, April 27, 2013

A French Country Cherry Dining Set

*phew* I know it's been a few days since I posted- but I've been busy busy busy with furniture! I just finished two great dining sets yesterday evening and I've got all the pictures to show you now. I got this dining set a few months ago. It's stunning cherry, made by Thomasville. The dining set needed a face lift, but was otherwise in great shape. I refinished the beautiful cherry dining table top- including the three leaves, and painted the table base and the chairs a fresh white to contrast nicely with the pretty wood tone of the table top. The chair seats are re-covered in a canvas upholstery cloth. The table is shown here with one leaf is. Each leaf is 12 inches. Without leaves the table is 60 inches by 42 inches. The whole set is fresh and springy and ready to breathe new life into a dining space. Before and afters below. This one is available, so let me know if you're interested! Kateaverydesign@yahoo.com

*Before*


*After*















2 comments:

  1. I love it. Beautiful job. Question? Did you sand the top to restain it? I just bought a table/chair set to re-do. The top is in okay condition and I'm tempted to leave it b/c I'm afraid to mess it up w/sanding and restaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate- I did indeed sand it to re-stain. Stains won't adhere to an already finished (sealed, varnished, polyurethaned) surface so you have to sand down to the wood to get a new color stain to be absorbed. I use a dewalt orbital sander that's very easy to use. Sanding it time consuming, but pretty straight forward. Good luck with your set!

    ReplyDelete