Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dining Sets with Benches

I'm going to be starting a new project tomorrow that should be pretty spiffy. A month or so ago I picked up a solid oak double pedestal dining table with three matching chairs. The dining set has two leaves, and the table is already 6ft without the leaves. Three chairs were just not enough. I've been getting a lot of requests lately for dining sets with benches, and this set is the perfect opportunity to integrate a bench. I've been on the look out for a matching bench and finally found one that I'm picking up tonight. If I had a bigger dining room I would almost certainly marry a bench to my current dining table. Benches with dining sets have a relaxed elegance that perfectly captures that modern farmhouse vibe. I'm hoping to have the set done within a week, and I'll share pictures then. In the mean time, here are some other wonderful dining sets with benches.
Happy Tuesday!
Such a funky and unique take on the bench dining here.

I absolutely love this room. What a stunning combination of interesting elements!

This is very similar to the bench I'll be using and what the style of the my dining set will be.  Classic and handsome!

Proof that a gorgeous dining set doesn't need to be matchy-matchy. This beautiful bench compliments the set so well, but obviously didn't start life with it.

Another lovely dining set. I like how formal the set is, and how rustic the bench is. The contrast is incredible.

The chunky proportions on this set are fabulous. 

I'd really like to try doing a dining set in this driftwood color sometime. It feels fresh without being too modern.

The rustic dining set is great, but what really catches my attention is the wall color. I love that color.

Perfect for an eat-in kitchen, this relaxed dining set looks like a great spot to sip coffee and read Country Living.

Brought to you from the crazy world where people have formal dinners in barns with bales of hay in the background... But still, it's a wicked cool dining set

1 comment:

  1. I liked the mismatched dining set myself. i am always afraid of taking such a chance, but .... I guess, I need to become braver. I like that pastel lilac fabric on these chairs.

    ReplyDelete