Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Black Beauty

When I get a piece of furniture that really inspires me I simply cannot wait to get started on it. My favorite flea market vendor brought this beautiful hutch over to my house last week, knowing that it was right up my alley. She was right, and I started working on it that very night. The lines of the hutch are so lovely that I wanted to do a black gloss paint to really highlight its structure and form. The traditional form, reinterpreted with the modern black paint gives the piece all new life and makes it perfect for just about any setting. I kept the original brass hardware because it was so pretty and elegant. The piece would be perfect in an office, dining room, as kitchen storage, or the shelves can be removed and it would be the coolest flat screen tv console ever. This one is available, and will be listed on craigslist this afternoon, so feel free to shoot me an email if you're interested and want first dibs!

*Before*



*After*







1 comment:

  1. Stunning transformation and it's so shiny you can see your reflection taking the photograph- how cool is that?! :)

    Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky Party
    Smiles, Suz @ MaytagNMom
    in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete