Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pretty Things

Just a random post of some pretty stuff. Here are some beautiful miniature clementines that one of my fruit trees is putting out right now. They're about the size of a bouncy ball and taste very tart and sweet. How cute!
Also an awesome antique painter's palette that I purchased off etsy a couple weeks ago and just arrived. Isn't it pretty! If you've been following the blog, you know how much I've wanted one of these. I knew I had to have this one as soon as I saw it. I love all the bright colors :)

This is the newly constructed beam in our dining room. Back in November we had to put several holes in our dining room ceiling to accommodate the plumbing for our new upstairs bathroom. We had to leave the pipes exposed until the the bathroom install was complete. Now that it's all set we finally got to box it in and hide that eye sore forever. I actually like the dining room better with the box beam than I did before we had any pipes or anything in there. It adds a little architectural interest to the wall.

Finally, I moved some stuff around in the dining room to accommodate the new beam and did something kind of fun over my little cabinet. I've been collecting gold frames like a fiend and decided to display two of my favorites with some freshly cut forsythia branches.















No comments:

Post a Comment