Monday, April 8, 2013

New Acquisitions!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the flea market yesterday was fabulous. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I tried to restrain myself, but ended up coming up with quite a few treasures.
I got a vintage machine shop stool exactly like what I wanted to put at the barn door desk in the guest room- now I need to find one more to go next to it. I picked up two pretty antique copper pieces- one is an oil lamp, the other is a chicken feeder. I really don't know what I'll do with them but they were so cool and the verdigris on the copper was so appealing that I couldn't pass them up. I bought a faaaaabulous vintage garden armillary, a teensy little oil painting, and a stunning antique folky landscape painting. Finally, I got two antique sideboards, both from about 1870- those will be available for refinishing, so let me know if you're interested. Pictures below!
Beautiful armillary. It's big too- probably 2 feet tall not counting the arrow.


vintage industrial stool

lovely little copper oil lamp with patina


oil lamp and chicken feeder




Yes, I know there's a tear. We're all going to pretend we don't see or care about it.

I love this painting. It's big too, something like 30x24 or so.

It's early too. I'd say 1850-1880 judging by the stretchers and canvas on the back.

tiny little oil painting. It's only 5 inches tall.

Antique sideboard #1- with beautiful floral carving and original hardware

Antique sideboard #2 with large overhanging top and charming scrolled base.

there are four different types of drawer pulls on this piece. It was obviously at some classic Yankee farm lol.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely finds! I'm interested in sideboard #1 and the armillary. What are your ideas on refinishing it? Price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I'm planning to keep the armillary for myself- I collect them. Sideboard #1 is in the process of being refinished as we speak. I've added a barn board top, casters, and painted all four sides of the base white so it can be used as a kitchen work station. If you'd like to email me at kateaverydesign@yahoo.com, I'd be happy to send you some pictures!

    ReplyDelete