I sanded the exterior and interior of the piece to prep for paint, and very carefully removed the glass panes in the doors. Even with all my cation I managed to slice my thumb on one when I was putting it back in this morning. No pain no gain! The darker gray exterior has been distressed and finished with a dark wax. The pale gray interior has been distressed and finished with a clear wax. We swapped out the fussy brass pulls for wood knobs. The piece even has the original key, on an antique leather key fob, and all the locks work perfectly!
Now I want one for myself. I need a bigger house!!
Before and After
Cross posted with: