Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Acquisitions!

Saturday was a great tag sale day. I knew it would be- the weather was just so perfect. I had the day off, and managed to hit about 10 sales before heading home. All in all is was very pleasant! I picked up some absolutely fantastic stuff, which is now available for custom refinishing, or I'll just do it the way I think it should look and then put it on craigslist. The star of the show is the beyond beautiful solid pecan vintage dining set with six matching chairs. It, and the coffee table set, were at the first tagsale I stopped at. Home run. I've already started working on the dining table. It's just a gorgeous set. I love that the chairs are somewhere between mid century modern and farmhouse. This is a really high style piece and I hope it finds a good home. I'll talk about the other stuff in the captions, and the pieces I'm keeping I'll tell you how much I paid for them. I hope you're enjoying this beautiful weekend- the weather in New England is absolutely perfect!

Nice antique arched top mirror with an old green paint surface- I mean, how could I resist? This one's going to go at the end of our hall in our upstairs ($8).

Lovely solid pecan dining table. It has an auto leaf, and this is the table with the leaf open. Again, it has an early American vibe while at the same time being a bit mod. Stunning.

With the six matching chairs. This dining set is a show stopper!

cute little antique side table. I didn't really need this, but it just was so adorable with those long bootjack legs. ($4)

Wonderful solid pine side tables and coffee table. I'm planning on refinishing the tops and painting the legs.

So I know these are a little cutesy right now, but imagine this- Barn board tops, re-do the hardware, paint the cases a dove gray...Beautiful right? That scroll work on the front will really pop. 

A whole table full of fun. Most of this I'm planning to keep.   The beautiful antique iron brackets will be great for supporting the overhang on my next kitchen island project. Two vintage mixing bowls in green and yellow. An antique ironstone plant, a theorem painting of bluebells, two pretty antique blue plates, a gorgeous antique green lamp, and a white linen table cloth. from about 4 different tag sales, but all together I spent less than $20.
Pretty good right?


I love this little theorem. I think it probably dates to the 20s. The real antique ones were done by schoolgirls in the first half of the 19th century. I don't think this one is that early, but charming none the less, and for $2,
how could I go wrong?

I saw this pretty engraved silver plate vase and couldn't pass it up. It was 75 cents and I thought it would be so pretty with roses or peony blossoms. It's tiny, only about five inches tall. 



A close up on my awesome vintage lamp. I'm going to put it in the guest room when its finished. I think a crisp white shade with dress it up perfectly. It reminds me of McCoy pottery. I think it dates to the 40s or 50s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment