Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Flea Market!

I usually have to work on Sundays, but I've taken a long weekend for the holiday, so I had today off, and was able to really spend time and enjoy the flea market. My little sister came down to visit so she came to the flea market too. There was lots of great stuff, and everyone found things they loved. I scored some really great pieces, to refinish and to keep. I brought my camera with me today so I could show you some of the great stuff I saw, even if I didn't buy it. First are the photos from the flea market, then at the bottom are the pictures of what I did buy. I hope you're all having a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend!
I thought this antique game board was pretty neat. I wanted to take it home with me, but I didn't think it would fit with my decor. I think they wanted $15 for it.

There was a guy who had a booth full of awesome signs. He was asking a fortune for them, but they were pretty spiffy.

This one was my favorite

My little sister got an awesome vintage faded flag that she's going to hang on her wall as art. $4!

We got matching sun hats because it was getting really hot out, and they were only $2 each.

My little sister really loved these heels

The baby blue canoe was so cute, but I bought a canoe yesterday....so I didn't really need a second one

Such a gorgeous antique stool. The turned legs were just stunning, but they wanted $30 for it, and I already have two stools at home that I really adore.

One of the other shoppers had already bought this, but I just had to take a picture- it was so neat

A cool vintage mirror with patriotic flags

Just a nice attractive vintage galvanized bucket. Imagine it with a big potted lavender? so pretty

This little handmade plant stand was super awesome. I wish I'd had a spot for it, because $12 was wicked reasonable for it.

such a sweet little antique folding child's chair

This vintage enamel rolling table caught my eye. They wanted $35 for it. Wouldn't it be lovely in a bathroom

                        **********************New Acquisitions**********************

I got this fabulous antique maple dresser that will clean up so nicely. I love the shaped bottom and the turned legs!


I've been looking for a japanese sea float like this for ages and ages. I talked the guy down from $25 to $18, which I thought was pretty good considering they sell for $75 or so on ebay. This one is about the size of a soccer ball. It's such a wonderful color. I have to figure out where to put it now!

I got this beautiful green necklace, which came with matching earrings and bracelet for $10. I love this shade of green!

This pretty vintage scarf was only $2

The first thing I bought was this pretty sea foam green antique mixing bowl. I 'm starting to get quite a collection of antique mixing bowls now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment