Thursday, July 16, 2015

An Antique Sideboard Gets A Fresh New Look

Ahhhhhh. I love this one. I'm late to pick up furniture but I just had HAD to share this with you before I hit the road. I got this from Carl the Furniture Guy yesterday. I sanded the top, and with the weather so lovely today I was able to get all my poly and paint coats on and dry lickity split. The piece had a horrid thick almost black finish on it. I sanded that down a bit and painted the piece in a bold azure blue called Setting Sail. The interior and detail work is a frosty blue- Benjamin Moore's Ice Blue. I distressed the piece and sealed it with dark wax. Who know all the glorious wood was hiding under that yucky old varnish!
This one's all ready for a new home- even the casters work perfectly!












4 comments:

  1. Kate, its beautiful. I like the painted design in the middle and I adore all of the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kate, great job on the top also
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete