Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Vintage Cottage Cupboard

I got this cupboard last week and jumped right into refinishing it. It was ugly UGLY initially, probably dating to the 60s or 70s with a boring stain and terrible hardware. I loved all the scrolling curves though, and figured it could be cleaned up. I'm so pleased with the new look, it's one of my favorite pieces I've done in a while. I painted it in a custom mixed shade called Daybreak, that reads either pale blue or pale green depending on the lighting. The interior of the cupboards and drawers is another deeper blue green, also custom mixed, called Cohasset Harbor. I replaced the knobs with turned wood knobs, sanded, stained, and sealed the countertop, and replaced the drawer pulls with amazing antique solid walnut pulls. I distressed all the painted surfaces lightly and finished the piece with dark wax.
















1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing transformation from a forlorn hutch to this beauty! It is truly inspiring to see the new life you've given this piece. I love the green color you mixed, and those drawer pulls are lovely.

    ReplyDelete