Monday, July 27, 2015

A Federal Sideboard in Folk Art Gold

I love this sideboard. Love love love love. It has all the bells and whistles, just a spectacular piece all around and, hands down, the finest sideboard I've worked on in all my years of furniture refinishing. It's antique, mahogany, and dates to about 1925. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top, painted  the case in one of my favorite custom colors, folk art gold, and distressed and waxed it. It's so stunning that I'm tempted to keep it for myself for a new project we're doing over the next few months. Sadly, the timing is not quite right and I simply don't have the space to store it, so this one needs a new home!









2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/16/2015

    Thank you, Kate!!! We couldn't be happier!!! Love, Love, Love!!!! ~ Lorri & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/07/2015

    So happy that new folks are loving the sideboard.we used it many happy years

    ReplyDelete