Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Mid Century Modern Meets Rustic Console

There are some people that love mid century modern. Honest opinion? Not me. I find it a little harsh, a little sterile. But when MCM meets rustic, wonderful things happen that make me feel all warm and glowy inside. I spotted this mid century modern desk on the side of the road on my way to deliver another piece. I simply did not have time or the space in the back of my yellow pickup truck to stop and pick it up, but I promised myself I would snag it if it was still there on the return journey, and thank goodness, it was. I adore the original bold brass pulls and capped brass feet. I lightened it up with a nice antiqued white and added a new pine top to give it a little bit bigger overhang and a more earthy vibe.  Finally I gave it just a pop of fun color to honor its mid century origins with custom mixed grapefruit colored drawers.

I think this piece would be absolutely perfect for a flat screen TV! It even has a space in the center to accommodate gaming systems and cable boxes!







No comments:

Post a Comment