Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Vintage Workbench to Kitchen Island

Boy this horrible winter cold is starting to get to me. I'm so desperate for the start of Spring, it's not even funny.
Anyway, here is a workbench to kitchen island conversation that I started a couple weeks ago. The piece had great lines, and so much potential. I sanded the top (which took forever) swapped out the bottom shelf for a pine board one that would compliment the top, and then painted the frame a bright crisp white. I love working on workbenches because the tops always have the most beautiful, interesting aged surface. This one is no exception. There is so much color and character to the chunky pine top, I could stare at it for hours. You'll have to excuse that the pictures were taken in my very messy workshop. It was just too cold and snowy to haul the piece outside. Before and afters below. Hope you're all finding good ways to beat the winter blues!
















1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to see the imperfections, your messy work space... and the top of this furniture. I had a notion that when you sand a piece down, it is perfectly flat and smooth... but not this one. good to know. I appreciate this. thank you.

    ReplyDelete