Sunday, January 6, 2013

My 2013 Wish List

This morning got off to a rough start. Woke up to find the downstairs quite chilly, went down to look at the furnace, yup out of oil. No hot water so I had to wash my hair in the freezing cold (yay!). Luckily we're on automatic delivery and the guy is coming out any minute now to refill the tank and restart the furnace. Good customer service- Thank's Daniel's Energy!
Anyway, after the unpleasant start, I think a little day dreaming is in order. When ever we start a new year I get the itch to re-decorate, change styles and looks, and I have a whole new wish list.
I was looking back at my wish lists from previous years and was pleased to see that I managed to get quite a few of the items I had wished for, mostly at the flea market or tag sales.
Here's what I'm hoping to find in 2013 (in no particular order)
An antique weathervane...or ten.
An antique sunburst mirror
An antique small crystal chandelier
An antique watch trade sign
An antique long narrow table in old paint (green or blue)
A new duvet cover for the master bedroom
A couple more oil paintings by Adam Brown
A pair of night stands for the guest room
A bathroom upstairs, cause right now it's just an empty room full of promise
A tabletop armillary
This is a wonderful Black Hawk Weathervane that was recently sold by, in my humble opinion, one of the best Folk Art and Antiques firms in the country, Olde Hope Antiques. I highly recommend that you check out their website.

I love how over the top ornate this sunburst mirror is.

There's a portion of the guest room under the dormer where the ceilings are 12 feet high. It's right above the headboard of the bed. I'd love to hand a dainty little chandelier up there to catch the light.

There's an antique zinc watch trade sign just like this one coming up at auction next weekend. I desperately want it, but I'm certain it will go for far more than I can afford. 

I adore the rich green color of this antique table. It's as much a piece of art as a piece of furniture.

Potterybarn just featured this new bedding in their early spring catalog. I love how fresh and airy and colorful it is.
I think it would look smashing on our master bed (which I just painted benjamin moor's summer lime).

These are two oil landscapes I purchased over the summer from my favorite local artist, Adam Brown. I've since bought three more. Five is not enough though. His work is outstanding, and I want at least two more of his pieces.

A sweet pair of white night stands would be perfect for the guest room.

Our upstairs bathroom is going to have lovely wood floors just like this one. The vanity is all done and the plumbing is roughed in. All the lights including the chandelier are wired. We need to build the shower enclosure, hook up the fixtures, bead board the ceiling, and sheetrock the walls...and put in doors. I think we'll be done with the bathroom by April or so though.

This table top armillary is spectacular. I have a full size one that my parents gave me for Christmas last year, but I'd really like to get a smaller one for upstairs as well. I think it would look great on a side table at the end of the long upstairs hallway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment