Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Painted Antique Hutch

Yesterday was one of those frustrating days where I couldn't seem to complete any projects and everywhere I turned I hit a road block. I picked up this antique hutch on Saturday, and knew instantly what I wanted it to look like and I thought you'd like to see the transformation.
I painted the case a mix of Benjamin Moore's iced mint and summer lime, and painted the doors and interior a gloss white. I kept the antique oval brasses just as they were, with a very pretty patina.
Before and afters below- I think it's very Springy and sweet :)











2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am glad you figured out how to take out the wood behind the glass, that is the part that I was nervous about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled that you like it :). Getting the window grids out was surprisingly easy- just had to remove a couple pieces of molding. The difficulty was that I made the very foolish mistake of painting them on newspaper. When they were dry I went to pick them up and they were completely stuck to the news paper. I ended up spending over an hour picking off every minuscule piece of shredded newspaper from the back. Live and Learn!

    ReplyDelete