Tuesday, July 30, 2013

An Antique Oak Dining Set- Schoolhouse Eclectic Style

 I love this dining set. How much do I love it? Well it was my dining set for a year before I decided to refinish it. The lines are wonderful, thick and chunky and handsome. The entire set is solid oak, very very heavy and sturdy and well built- and look at that table top! I collected the chairs individually as I found them, because these antique school house chairs are few and far between. I painted the table base and the chairs in a rich dark black gloss- oil based so it's utterly impervious. I sanded the chair seats, which was immensely exhausting, but I think the result was well worth it. Now that it's all dolled up, it's a wrench to part with it, but I like to swap out my furniture to keep everything fresh, and this one's already found a new (and wonderful) family. .
Befores and Afters Below































1 comment: