Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Hutch Finds a Home

But first, an apology. It was brought to my attention yesterday afternoon that my blog had gone all crazy-like, and was basically not viewable for most PC users. I've re-formatted it, and hopefully it's fully viewable now- if not, shoot me a message or comment!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found a hutch at the beginning of May that I just loved. Solid maple, probably dates to the 1940s or 50s. It was in great condition, but really needed a facelift. I suspect that the hutch had been home made by a skilled craftsman. It had a lot of details that a factory made piece would lack. I painted the case Benjamin Moore's sailcloth. The beadboard back is painted a bright white. I kept the original patina'd brass knobs on the doors, and replaced the pulls with some great vintage looking ones.
My husband and I delivered the hutch yesterday evening, and I had the rare treat of getting to see the piece in the spot where it will reside. I hope you like the color scheme- and pay close attention to that kitchen also pictured- there are going to be some exciting design things happening in that space in the next couple weeks :)!!







The hutch now resides in a pantry that the clients just built as an addition to their kitchen. We're going to use the piece as an inspiration starting point for a full overhaul of the walls, cabinets, and counters in the kitchen. I'm so SO excited to start on the project, and I will give you posts along the way to keep you updated on the progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment