Sunday, July 29, 2012

A shaker style dresser

I found a great solid maple dresser at a tag sale about a month ago. It needed a little love, surface wise, and had lost all but a handful of it's ugly, not original drawer pulls. Just my kind of piece :). I refinished the dresser custom for a client. We decided to go with a Shaker inspiration- clean lines, a bit of age and presence. We choose a soft butter cream color that is both warm and delicate. The top was sanded, stained, and poly's. I also stained the wooden knobs to give the piece more contrast. Finally, I did a little bit of distressing and then waxed and buffed the case. Pretty charming! Before and afters are below- don't forget, I'm always happy to custom refinish a piece for you, it generally costs the same as to buy one of my completed pieces, but it's made just for you!







1 comment:

  1. Sheri Muscarella7/31/2012

    Thank you again Kate! Your the best!! I love my beautiful dresser ... It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete