I'm going to be giving you little sneak peaks into the planning process as it evolves. The theme is going to be vintage school house chic meets cabinet of curiosities. That's a mouth full, but it's a pretty cohesive look. The primary elements:
1. Rich saturated hues of Orange, Green, and Black (on the background of my dark wood floors, cream walls, and leather furniture, dark wood and white painted furniture)
2. No literal halloweeny stuff except real gourds and pumpkins (because I can't resist)
3. School house elements- vintage school house chairs, chalkboards, lamps, posters and charts for art
4. Industrial elements, to keep it grounded and not too cutesy.
5. Antique signs....just because I love them.
|A great eclectic grouping, and everyone needs a mustache identification chart, obviously.|
|Undeniably charming whale chart adds pizzaz to this restrained space.|
|I'd frame this in a large white mat, and simple black frame and then put it over an industrial metal rolling cart.|
|The halloween is a little heavy handed here, but I love the bat prints on clipboards.|
|SOOOO gorgeous. I adore that chart in the front- and they look so casual and unexpected stacked against the wall.|
|Beautiful pair of antique plant charts. I never see these at flea markets and they cost about $1000000 online. *le sigh*|
|This insect print is so subtle and handsome.|
|Reptiles get elevated as a high art form here|
|Creepy crawlies in the bathroom- generally a horrifying prospect- but here, oh so chic.|
|These vintage marine life prints suit the warm autumnal palette perfectly.|