Monday, May 19, 2014

A Mid Century Modern Console.

My favorite price is free. Every now and then I strike gold and find something utterly fantastic for FREE. I've had a tricky spot on the second floor of the guest house that really begged for a piece of furniture. Since it's under the eaves, the piece needed to have some pretty specific dimensions. I also wanted something unique, hip, and a little masculine, to go with the rest of the decor. I was driving home from work last week when I saw the perfect piece of a furniture. A c. 1960 console made by the Stanley company, just looking lost and forlorn on the side of the road.

I was driving my teensy little Toyota Yaris, and I doubted the console would fit anywhere in it, but I also knew with absolute certainty that by the time I drove home, swapped out my car for the truck, and went back, it would surely be gone. Sooo, I made it fit in the back seat of my yaris. And drove home with one of the back side doors open...which was crazy. But I got it home, and now it's all done, and I couldn't love it more! Here are the before and afters!






No comments:

Post a Comment