Monday, November 18, 2013

Sneak Peeks for a Big Week

I've got a lot of furniture in the mix right now including two oak pedestal dining sets, a bookshelf, and I've finally started on that big white banquette set. The two dining sets are very very similar, though one has a leaf and the other doesn't. I'm doing them in very different styles because it's so fun to see how paint and finish can transform identical table sets. On top of all that our guest house/studio was started today! The building is 20x24 and two stories. Today the builders are laying the base that the building sits on (there's no foundation but instead a crushed stone pad). Since the building is mostly constructed off site, it should be completed by Friday. My husband and I are sooooo excited! I can't believe I'm going to have an entire extra 800 sq feet to decorate in just a week!! I hope your week is off to a grand start as well!
Here are the chairs that go with table one. Sorry for the poor photo quality. I've lost my memory card and so am back to using my crappy camera for a couple days.

Here's table #1 before sanding. I've now sanded and stained the top. The chairs and table base will be black.

And here's table #2 all prepped. I'm painting the whole thing a fresh white, with the chairs to match.

And here's the guys working on our new guest house. Hurray!


1 comment:

  1. Those tables look beautiful. Can't wait to see how they come out. And congratulations on the extra studio space! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete