Saturday, November 2, 2013

An Antique Classical Desk

Phew! Today was a whirlwind day. I think I did about 9 million things, and one of them was carry the little antique desk up to our master bedroom. I just love it in its new home! Looking over at it now, it's hard to believe it's been less than a week since I snagged it for $8 at the flea market. The base is painted with my favorite green, Hyacinth. I removed the terribly damaged veneer from the top and sides, then sanded, stained, and sealed the gorgeous pine board top that was hiding under that ugly veneer. And look! My upstairs floors are all painted! I decided to include another 'before and after' pic for your amusement, of what our upstairs looked like one year ago vs. now. I've got to hit the hay now- flea market at the crack of dawn tomorrow!






















before- with my Dad helping to frame out the closet. I was standing in what would be the guest room when I took this picture.




This post is partying at:
 My Repurposed Life
Elizabeth and Co.


Embracing Change startathome
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaSavvy Southern StyleHouse on the Way

The Shabby NestFurniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great transformation. The wood on top is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing on Twirl & Take a Bow--hope to see you again this week!!!

    ~ Brooke ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This desk is just amazing! Beautiful transformation! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete