Thursday, April 28, 2016

An Antique Bookshelf and an Antique Server

Two pieces in one post! I know, suuuuuper duper unorthodox, but I've got a nasty cold and I didn't sleep well last night and I'm just barely awake at this point, though on the plus side my cold is feeling a bit better.

      I've been a little short on the posting this week, but only because I'm working on several big pieces at once, so stay tuned for loads of new content by Sunday.

       Not only am I combining two pieces into one post, I'm going to be pretty short on the description side because all I really want to do is curl up and go to sleep. :-( I got both these pieces at this past week's Elephant's Trunk flea market. I didn't have my truck as it was in the shop all weekend. I felt oddly helpless and exposed without my bright yellow pickup truck when trying to furniture shop. My bestie Jess did her best to accommodate my furniture needs with her adorable wee little SUV (and it's hardly even an SUV, more like a station wagon on taller tires but she hilariously kept calling it a "truck" the whole morning). We barely managed to fit these two little pieces in the back of her "truck",  and I had to ride the entire way back from New Milford sitting on half of a folded down seat, but really, anything for my craft!!! lol.

         I did my usual song and dance with both pieces. I think the long pine table might have quite a bit of age to it, maybe even late 19th century. The bookshelf is from the 40s or 50s.









No comments:

Post a Comment