The last one I did in greens, and this one I went with a new custom mixed blue called 'Blue Silk Ribbon'. I swapped out the round drawer pulls for another set that hadn't been painted because I wanted the continuity of the solid maple top and the touch of wood lower on the case.
The top had been painted and when I finally after an hour of sanding removed the last of the white paint, realized why. It had several black water marks on the wood, each about the size of a baseball. In the past I've just gone ahead and repainted tops when I encountered these stubborn marks, but this time I decided to try wood bleach, something I've never done before. I was absolutely terrified of the stuff, certain if it touched me in would burn a hole straight through my hand, but damned if it didn't do the trick on the top. I was absolutely amazed at how well it worked, like 100% well, the marks were completely removed! And now the top is flawless once more, which makes me a happy camper.
I've staged the piece with a mixture of vintage, antique, and new stone wear to play up the white that peeks through all the heavy distressing.
|And here's the one I did last fall!|