Friday, May 15, 2015

Flea Market Finds and New Acquisitions: Brimfield Edition

And then here's what I bought while up shopping at the Brimfield Flea Market yesterday.

This was the first thing I bought. A stunning antique oil on canvas. I just love this.

Close up of the cows enjoying a cool drink.

I spotted this antique oil on canvas painting early in the day but didn't buy it right away. I walked around the entire rest of the day but it was basically all I could think about. Every other piece of art had to measure up to it. I went back twice to stare at it, and finally bought it on my way out, grinning like a fool the entire walk to the car. 

I actually didn't buy this up at Brimfield. I got it two weeks ago at the flea market in Mansfield, but I forgot it was in the cab of my truck until yesterday, so I thought I'd show it to you anyway. It's 20th century but I love the throw-back grain painting that harkens back to boxes made a century earlier. 

A pretty blue glass vase.

And this poor little bunny who's seen better days. 

Some vintage green bottles to serve as place holders until I can afford a set of real antique chestnut bottles.

And this sassy Persian cat named Pippin, that I bought on behalf of a client. 
And my favorite find, this incredible delicious stunning antique dropleaf solid maple harvest table.


Its about as sexy as a table can get!!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh..Brimfield! That maple table is fantastic! And I love the chippy paint on the frame of your tree painting. You definitely did good!

    ReplyDelete