Monday, May 18, 2015

A Drop Leaf Table in Blue

I bought this table at the Brimfield Flea Market last week, having spotted it on one of three laborious return trips to my truck, weighted with art and decorative accessories. The gal that was selling it had had it in her home, and then her shop, and then when her shopped closed, had packed it off to Brimfield. Why hasn't this gorgeous table found a home yet?!

       I can tell you, as a lady who has her hands all over furniture all day every day, that this is a rare and fine piece. I'd place the date at early 20th century though with those thick top boards and nicely turned legs it could be fifty years earlier. It is beautifully built to the point that every time I walked by it today I ran my hand along the wood and sighed. I painted the base in one of my favorite rich blues, because a table so finely made should cut a bold line, and sanded, stained, and sealed the top to reveal the absolutely spectacular top.












1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/21/2015

    This table is gorgeous. I love the dark top with blue legs combo. Great job.

    ReplyDelete