Sunday, August 18, 2013

New Acquisitions!

Happy Sunday! It was a great flea market this morning, and I have the spoils to prove it. The weather here in Connecticut has been surprisingly cool and pleasant, and whenever the weather is nice, the flea market is HUGE. I bought enough stuff that by the end I had to stop and think about what I'd bought and which booths I needed to go to in order to pick up all my new treasures.
I got a beautiful vintage hooked rug. I'm guessing it's from the 60s or so. I've never seen one like it. I also got an antique rake. It's almost too good to be true, but it's real! I picked up a sweet little antique shelf that I'm thinking of putting in my upstairs bathroom. I also got a wonderful antique drop leaf table. It probably dates to about 1860 or so. It still has the original mustard yellow paint on the legs and base, though someone painted the top an ugly blue. Finally, I got a stack of large stretched canvases, just for some artwork fun. Then on the way home I saw that my neighbor had a GREAT vintage oak dining set for sale. I snatched it up too- six chairs, round pedestal table and a leaf.
Last week I got a really pretty piece of Autumn colored fabric that I'm going to recover some throw pillows in.















Also, forgot to photograph this cute vintage wire basket I picked up at the flea market last week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment