Saturday, April 7, 2012

The tag sale Gods were generous today

The tag sale season is definitely picking up now. I managed to hit up five tag sales and one moving sale this morning. I really need to remind myself not to bother going to moving sales anymore- people ask the most absurd prices for their stuff at moving sales. Tag sales are a million times better. So- I scored a great vintage marble topped candle stand. I love white marble. At the next tag sale I got a gorgeous antique china platter with a water lilly pattern (keeping that for myself), a fun vintage tray, which will be a gift for a friend, and a fabulous solid maple vintage hutch, probably dating from the 40s or 50s, and a little antique black side table that will be getting a new top. I'm just itching to start working on it. At the next tag sale I got a solid pine console table that has great lines and will turn out super cute. At the last tag sale I got a pair of matching vintage outdoor side tables. I love the tables, they're tiny and delicate and have just the right indoor/outdoor garden vibe I adore. They're even mint green. They're destined to be the night stands in my new guest room, if I ever get the upstairs done.
If you see anything you like or want custom refinished, don't hesitate to email me (kateaverydesign@yahoo.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment