Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Vintage Pine Dry Sink

A client brought me this little woe begotten vintage pine dry sink to see if anything could be done for it. The drawer runners were both broken, it had a weird piece of pressboard over the solid pine top and it was as dark and dreary as a piece of furniture can get.
       Luckily this client had a wonderful vision for the piece and wasn't willing to give up on it. We selected a bright coral-y, salmon-y, orange-y terra-cotta and I painted the interior in soft white to balance the exuberant exterior. I swapped the old pulls for turned wood ones stained to match the top. I removed the top pieces that compose the 'sink' to sand and seal the pine top, then put then reapplied the painted sink portion.
It's much much better now, if I don't say so myself!







No comments:

Post a Comment