Monday, November 9, 2015

A Vintage Farm Table Dining Set

Ooooooo I love this set. Love it to bits! I got the table from Carl the Furniture Guy. It's wonderful, easily the best I've ever had, with bold cyma curves to the sides and nice deep molding across the stretcher. It's also sturdy as a rock with a massive flawless slab of solid pine across the top. I held on to it for a few weeks waiting for the perfect chair set to do the table justice. Last week I scored a spectacular matched set of six solid maple Heywood Wakefield bamboo turned Windsor chairs. They match the table perfectly. I painted the chairs and the table base in a warm custom mixed cream and sanded, stained, and sealed the table top and the two leaves in a rich honey tone, layering polyurethane coats until it was smooth as glass.

















No comments:

Post a Comment