Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Vintage Hutch Turned Media Console

I purchased this solid rock maple hutch base from the goodwill a couple months ago. I almost always buy these when I come across them since they make such versatile refinishing projects. I've turned them into islands, sideboards, sink vanities, and like this one, media consoles.

         In order to update the piece for its new use I removed the three center drawers and replaced them with shelves to hold various cable boxes and gaming consoles. I painted the exterior in a custom mixed medium antique green called 'East Haddam Trim'. The interior of the cupboard portion is painted in another, paler, custom mixed green called 'Cucumber Sandwich'.

         I sanded, stained, and sealed the glorious top, maple is such a wonderful wood with which to work. Finally I replaced the boring old Chippendale pulls with custom colored burnished copper pulls and knobs.









No comments:

Post a Comment