Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Maple Coffee Table Set

This project was custom commissioned by a lovely client who's purchased a few of my pieces. She wanted to give this vintage solid maple coffee table set a fresh new look. We went with a stunning shade of cream, Benjamin Moore's Lighthouse, distressed and finished with a dark wax. I knew even as soon as I saw the tables that they'd refinish well. Maple as fine as this doesn't come along every day.

The form of these tables is also wonderful- they're directly related to William and Mary tavern tables made in New England c.1720-1745. They have an excellent splayed stance that gives them both energy and elegance. Frankly, I'm in love with this set.











Authentic 18th century William and Mary tavern table, Connecticut or Massachusetts. I've had the privilege to handle this fine piece in person. From the exceptional inventory of Nathan Liverant and Son Antiques.  

No comments:

Post a Comment