Monday, March 24, 2014

Flea Market Finds and Sneak Peeks.

Happy Monday! It's bitterly cold here, but they've cancelled our massive mid-week snowstorm, so a gal can't complain too much. Also, it's supposed to warm right up by weekend. Another sign that spring's in there air- yesterday was the very first flea market of the season. You can just imagine how excited I was after a four month hiatus. Of course I had to buy some goodies! I picked up a fantastic c.1880 Eastlake style mirror on Saturday and scored the world's most spectacular vintage chartreuse crushed velvet chesterfield sofa a week ago. Both pieces will be going in my workshop, which is next on the renovation docket. Finally, on the sneak peak front- here's a vintage mahogany china hutch that I finished Saturday. I'll do a post for it when I finish the dining set (almost done). I included a pic of the table for the dining set.
You're gonna die- This mirror was...wait for it....FREE!! I like the idea of having a mirror in my workshop. Far too often I end up wandering into public with paint smeared all over my face. 

And here's the glorious glorious couch I snagged off craigslist. I could not love it more. It was $150. 

Vintage corkscrew I bought at the flea market yesterday for $5. I've got almost 30 of them now. 

And I got this antique arrow weathervane from the same dealer for $20. It came from a chicken farm in Rhode Island. 

How could I resist this vintage cement  angel statue for $15. 

I think they all look quite nice on my porch. 

I picked up this 19th century silhouette for my mom.

With identity and inscription on the reverse. 

Here's the mahogany table I'm working on at the moment.

And here's the the mahogany hutch that came with the set. 

And finally I got this awesome c.1900 oak stand for $5 at the flea market. It's perfect to go next to the couch in the guest house. 


love the detail of the carved drawers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment