Thursday, December 26, 2013

Top Picks: Garth's Americana Auction

You may or may not know, but I have a serious obsession with Garth's Auction in Ohio. In my humble opinion, they have the coolest most unique antiques in their sales. I always love to peruse the upcoming auctions for inspiration and fresh ideas, and am never disappointed. They're next sale is coming up January 3rd and 4th 2014. You can view the entire catalog here. As usual, I spent a pleasant hour or so going through the whole thing and picked out my favorites. I hope you had a wonderful holiday! I've got some great furniture protest I'm finishing up, and I'll be photographing what I got for Christmas, so stay tuned!
How beautiful is this bottle green paint on this antique trencher!

A spectacular green dry sink

This antique miniature chest is so adorable. It would make the perfect jewelry box!

A stunning antique quilt

The grain painting on this blanket chest is superb. It's so sunny and cheerful!

I love this candle holder. It would make a great centerpiece on a dining room table!

A lovely blanket chest in the softest shade of powder blue.

Easily my favorite thing in the sale. These antique garden ornaments would be a welcome addition to my home.

These little footstools are sweet as can be.

The color combinations on this stepback cuboard- bottle green and bright blue-
 really make me want to paint my cupboard.

I love work tables like this. So charming!

An apple green knife box

and another apple green knife box!

This antique table has really wonderful form.

how cool is this antique weathervane template!!

A fantastic early weathervane with gilt surface.

and finally a pair of 19th century bottles in the most delicious deep shades of green.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate. I love reading your blog. Your post on Garth's is so true. I am visiting my dad for the holiday and he lives in close proximity to Garth's. When I saw the catalog for the January sale, I started plotting various schemes that would allow me to stay longer . . . and attend the sale! I hope you are enjoying the holiday.

    ReplyDelete