Thursday, July 10, 2014

Top Picks from the Garth's 20th Century Design Auction

As you know, I just adore perusing auction catalogs online, and Garth's is one of my favorites. They have a fantastic sale coming up on July 25th. You can view the entire catalog here. I've chosen some of my favorite objects from the sale to highlight below!

The form of this mission oak mortise and tenon joined dining table is superb.

An absolutely stunning painted leather folding screen. It would make an amazing headboard wouldn't it?

I'm such a sucker for these loose 20th century impressionist landscapes.

A copper lantern fish. I mean come on, that's stupidly awesome.

This 19th century biedermeier cabinet feels as modern and fresh as it must have when it was made 150 years ago. It would be the perfect bar storage unit in a dining space or elegant man cave.

I absolutely love these. I would put them on my dining table for autumn, spilling over with branches of fall leaves.

A stunning mission oak coffee table with beautiful teal blue tiles on top.

This art decor vase has a subtle Egyptian vibe to it that makes it ultra sexy.

The four seasons, rendered in smooth Art Nouveau perfection.

A beautiful tiffany calendar frame, practically glowing with hues of jade green.

There's something particularly appealing about this oil on canvas scene of a mission. 

These are dinner plates. Be still my heart. 

A boldly painted shrank, would look gorgeous as the centerpiece in a room otherwise decorated in muted tones.

These inspired me to collect a nice little handful of early 20th century pottery to line up on my mantel for Autumn... or maybe I'll make it easy on myself and just buy this stunning set.

A grain paint decorated Mora clock in Autumn shades of maple. It's so pretty.

And finally this wonderful scene of sheep near the shore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment