Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer Sideboard

I picked this piece up a couple weeks ago along with a matching dining set. To be honest, the dining set was fairly disappointing and I rather regret buying it, but the sideboard was really quite nice. It's actually the base to a china hutch, but I knew it could be so much more.
      So this is a pretty dramatic transformation. First, I filled in and sanded out that silly floral carving that was doing the piece no favors. Next I added the pine top, with trim. I sanded and painted the case in a custom chalk paint with Behr's Crisp Ginger Ale (one of my new favorite colors). I very lightly sanded the corners and then finished with a wet wax technique that's subtle but gives it just a touch of extra patina and a nice velvety finish. I painted the inside in a lovely creamy white that compliments the greeny-yellow perfectly. It was a wrench to let it go because I really wanted to keep it for myself, but I just have no spot for it. 










Jusstt a little sneak peek for some big news I'll be sharing with you in the next couple days. Stay tuned, it's exciting. 

2 comments:

  1. Stellar transformation! Can't wait to hear the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/22/2014

    Incredible....absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete