Monday, July 7, 2014

Flea Market Finds and New Acquisitions

It's been a busy week of buying and refinished. Yesterday's flea market seemed pretty disappointing until I got about 3/4 of the way finished when I stumbled upon a handful of really amazing objects. Here's what I've bought in the last week:

This set of TEN gooooorgeous wine glasses. Only $5 for all ten. My husband thinks I'm nuts for buying even more glassware, but I have so much empty cabinet space and I just loved the subtle amber hue of these. 

This amazing vintage drink set probably dates to the 40s or 50s. Still in the original box, never used. It's marked for the railroad line Union Pacific.

And this vintage 24k gold mug with a steam engine on the front.

I love this antique art deco stand. I'm going to use it to display a pretty antique plate.

An authentic set of antique sleigh bells.
Almost certainly made right in my own town of East Hampton at the Bevin Bell factory.

Three different pieces of stoneware. The large mustard and cream one is my favorite.

The perfect antique oak dresser. I started working on this as soon as I got home. It's going to be a superb kitchen island.

This antique tin cash box has soooo much character.

And the original owner, J. M. Taylor (Taytor?) scratched his name on the side. 

This sideboard is part of a six chair dining set that I got on Saturday. It had some ugly flower carvings on it that I've filled in with wood putty. I'm going to put a barn board top on it and paint it a pretty new color.

And finally this antique mahogany sideboard from about 1920. It's an almost exact copy of the Federal sideboards being made in the Providence Rhode Island region c. 1790-1815. 

No comments:

Post a Comment