Monday, June 2, 2014

The Chicest Dining Set

Sometimes inspiration comes from funny places. A couple weeks ago I purchased a big old hutch for my kitchen and painted it Benjamin Moore's Roasted Sesame Seed. Aaaand became more then a bit obsessed with the color. I decided to use it to revisit a dining set that's been getting very little interest. It was so refreshing to paint a dining set a color other than black or white for once. I also integrated in two other antique chairs that compliment that original set of six very nicely. I must admit, I'm delighted with the result. I love the table with spring flowers, as I photographed it, but just picture it decked out for Thanksgiving too.
     The entire set- all eight chairs and the table are all solid cherry--- so high quality. I sanded, stained, and sealed the table top to really show off the outstanding wood. The chairs are primed, painted, distressed, glazed, and waxed- and yes, that took me about 1000years to do. I re-covered the wonderfully squashy seat cushions in a pretty cream, that really plays up the color of the chairs.
Before (well sort of before) and afters below. What do you think?























2 comments:

  1. The dining room set is just stunning in that color and the eclectic collection of chairs is so fun. Wow!

    ReplyDelete