Monday, June 16, 2014

New Acquisitions and Tag Sale Finds

Saturday was the big town wide tag sale day. I got up at the crack of dawn, had some coffee, and hit the road. Of the four years I've been shopping the town wide sale, this may very well have been my favorite. Here are some pictures of what I got, as well as some other treasures I picked up last week.
It's a spectacular day here in Connecticut. I hope your week is off to a wonderful start!!

I picked up this unbelievable antique sofa on craigslist on Thursday night. Antique AND green velvet?! You know I could resist. I took down the wall mounted desk that's been in the guest and put this there instead. Now I need to touch up the wall where the desk used to be. 


Toni the cat wants you to know that this is how a lady is supposed to lounge on such a sofa. 

One of my very favorite scores from the tag sales was this antique pine sorting desk. It's original from the department of public works. 

I saw it an instantly knew it would make the world's best kitchen island. 

I worked on it all day yesterday and here it is aaaalmost done.

I liked the funky turned legs on this coffee table set.

I worked on them all day yesterday too. Here's a sneak peek with new pine tops and fresh paint. 

This set of five antique solid mahogany chairs were so cool and unique.
I'll pair them with one of my custom built farm tables. 

And I found the PERFECT giant antique mirror for my guest room. It was only $8. I mean, seriously. 

And here it is in my guest room. love love love it!

This set of six vintage lowball glasses was only $1. 

Another of my very favorite finds- this set of antique china plates.
They're by Johnston Bros. and the pattern is called Balmoral. 


This pair of lamps was $2. I'm going to paint them- black I think, and then put new shades on them.

This big wonderful vintage cutting board was free! I'm going to refinish it and put it next to my stove in the kitchen. 

I picked up this eight chair two leaf pennsylvania house dining set.


And this six chair solid oak farmhouse set. 

And the best part of the weekend was that my little sister visited. Here were are posing hard for the camera ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment