Sunday, February 17, 2013

An Antique Painted Secretary

So I showed you this secretary about a week and a half ago when I first picked it up. After mulling over the color choices for a while, I decided to go with a creamy white on the outside, and robin's egg blue on the inside. I think the cream and the blue play off each other so well. I kept the original brass hardware as the aged patina looked so nice against the fresh white paint. Robin's egg blue is such a great color. I'm trying to think of ways to work it into my own home now.
This one's all done and ready for a new family, so let me know if you're interested!
before and afters below~
Before- in my messy messy basement workshop

After!











isn't this antique ceramic sheep planter spiffy? I got him at our local consignment store for $3!!



No comments:

Post a Comment